IT Service Management is essential for supporting, handling, producing, and delivering the various steps and processes of IT services. ITSM is essential for conserving the cost as it creates an expectable IT organization. It is extremely beneficial for the organization as it helps in the decision-making process.ITSM completely emphasizes on delivering products which meet the requirements and needs of the customers.
There is a large amount of Information Service Management Questions available in order to prepare for interviews and other necessary requirements. Some of the ITSM questions are mentioned below, along with their answers:
- What do you mean by SLA?
The contract between a service provider and the end customer, which explains the level of service that can be anticipated from the service provider is known as Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- What do you mean by a “service request”?
This is normally a request from users for data or information and advice. It can also be a request to gain access to an IT service.
- State the three different categories of SLAs?
- The contract between the provider of the service and an external customer is known as a customer service level agreement.
- The contract between the provider of the service and an internal user is known as an Internal Service Agreement.
- The contract between the provider of the service and the vendor is known as a Vendor Service Level Agreement.
- What do you mean by OLA?
The explanation of the independent relationships in support of the service level agreement is known as an Operational Level Agreement (OLA).
- Knowledge Management Systems and its seven categories.
The different types of Knowledge Management Systems are:
- Availability Management Information System
- Capacity Management Information System
- Configuration Management Database
- Definitive Media Library
- Known Error Database
- Service Knowledge Management System
- What do you mean by the PDSA cycle?
Plan-Do-Check-Act or PDSA cycle is utilized in order to gain knowledge and skills in order to enhance the quality of the product, process, and performance. This cycle is also named as the Deming Wheel and also the Deming Cycle.
- What are the four phases of the PDSA Cycle?
The four phases of the PDSA Cycle are:
- Plan: It is the step for locating and analyzing the occurrence of the issue.
- Do: This step refers to the development and testing of a possible solution for the issue.
- Check: In this step, the effectiveness of the solution of the last step or phase is measured and analyzed in order to enhance or improve it.
- Act: The final step or phase refers to the implementation of the completely developed or improved/enhanced solution.
- Give the 7R’s of Change Management.
The seven R’s:
- Who has Raised the change?
- What is the definite reason behind the change?
- What will Return be the delivered by the change?
- What Risks does it contain?
- Are the resources needed to deliver the change?
- Who is Responsible for the change which was attained?
- What are the Relationships between the current and the other changes?
- What kind of information does the CMDB store?
The IT assets, which are also known as Configuration Items (CI), also including the descriptive relationship between these types of assets, are stored in CMDB.
- What do you mean by CAB?
The representative cluster of people who are accountable for assessing, from business and technical viewpoint, is known as Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- What do you mean by PIR?
After the implementation or alteration of a project, the Post Implementation Review (PIR) takes place.
- What do you mean by freeze period?
The time in the development procedure, after which the guidelines for altering the resources become extremely severe and difficult, is known as Freeze Period.
- Give a few examples of web-based service desk tools.
Few of the web-based service desk tools are:
- CA service desk
- Oracle Service Cloud
- What do you mean by data leakage?
Data leakage means access to the data or information to an unknown source, both physically and technically. Data leaks usually occur through mails, web, and mobile data storage.
- What do you understand by ITIL?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) helps in the utilization of best practices for IT Service Management, which emphases the orientation of IT services with the requirements of the organization.